Well, they're really not big enough nor do they log enough TV time to be considered full grown couch potatoes but my boys do enjoy sitting side by side on this little couch. They are finally to the point that this is where they choose to be instead of Mom just convincing them to sit there long enough to snap a quick photo. We'll take a little trip down memory lane today as we recap our together-on-the-couch moments. This first shot was taken just this morning as they watched a VeggieTale video. Nathan's legs look really long to me in this pic.
Unfortunately I don't have exact dates on many of these but I know this was taken earlier this year. We send out a big thanks to Grammy and Grandpop (David's parents) for the coordinating winter outfits they got us for Christmas last year.
This is the first picture of the boys together on the new couch. The blue sports themed one that we started out with for Nathan's first birthday had been absolutely worn out so we replaced it with this Thomas the Tank Engine one for Benjamin's first birthday. You'll notice the boys are also sporting Thomas shirts and we send a big thank you out to Grandma and Poppo (my parents) for those this past Christmas. I was the only one really interested in getting this picture, can you tell?
Here's a shot of Benjamin right after he opened his couch. It was the first present he opened on his first birthday. It was given to him by his great-grandmother (my dad's mom).
Benjamin was just starting to sit up well all by himself here. Don't they look cute in their gray outfits. I like for them to match or at least coordinate - can you tell? I figure I better do it now while they'll still let me.
Benjamin was so proud to have accomplished pulling up on the back of the couch all on his own. Watch out Nathan, here he comes!
This shows the couch folded out. They like to sit on it together this way too.
Here are the boys on the couch and Grandma and Poppo's old house. My parents bought a couch like ours to have at their house for the boys to play on.
Benjamin was just starting to hold his head up well and sit propped up for a little while. And here he is in his favorite spot - next to his big brother. Nathan is doing such a good job of putting his arm around Benjamin and holding on to him.
And here 's the boys first experience together on the couch. I don't think Benjamin was even a month old yet. It's hard now to remember him ever being that small.
This is Nathan sitting on his newly unwrapped couch to open the rest of his birthday presents.
And here 's the boys first experience together on the couch. I don't think Benjamin was even a month old yet. It's hard now to remember him ever being that small.
This is Nathan sitting on his newly unwrapped couch to open the rest of his birthday presents.
This couch was the first present Nathan opened on his first birthday. It was given to him by his great grandmother. She wanted to know some suggestions from us for what to get him and we had played at our friend Melody's house and she had one of these fun foldout couches so that's what we asked for.
There's no way I could have known how much fun we were going have on this little thing - or how much fun the brothers (as you can see Benjamin was still in utero at the time) would have on it together. I guess some blessings come wrapped in Mickey Mouse paper - who knew?






No comments:
Post a Comment