Monday, August 6, 2007

Nathan's Exciting News!

I interrupt my Sweet Sleep series of entries for this exciting news - Nathan went #1 on his potty this morning! Yeah, Nathan!

We have been working in this direction for some time now but this was his first actual deposit in the waste receptacle. I know we still have quite a ways to go before this is an everyday every time sort of occurrence but at least we've started down the path now.

We celebrated big time to let him know that this is something very special that moves him one step closer to big-boyhood. First, he got to have an M&M. Then he got to go in and wake up Dad and tell him the good news. (David is off on vacation this week and was going to get up soon anyway since we were going to the zoo first thing this morning. I'll blog that later.) Finally, he got to call his grandparents and share his big news with them.

If I had been scrapbooking this big event I would have had some strategically placed stickers to maintain our modesty but since this is all digital I had to edit my picture a little. I wouldn't want to be too risque.

As you can see Benjamin has his own potty. He has never really grasped the concept that he is not as old as Nathan. Being only 14 months behind in age and closer by the day in size has convinced him that he is just as big as Nathan. Who knows, maybe they'll do this whole potty training this together. The sooner everyone is into underwear the better if you ask me.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter