Monday, August 20, 2007

Sweet Sleep - Part 4: Naps

As anyone with children under three knows, naps are essential to a happy existence. When the boys were younger everyone took a morning and afternoon nap but Nathan has long since phased out his need for a morning nap and Benjamin is almost done with it as well. However from about 2 ish to 4 ish every afternoon we make it a point to settle down for a little siesta.

We all pile in the waterbed and snooze away. Here's Nathan. I think his love language is Physical Touch. He prefers to sleep on someone. That's okay with me since that is my love language as well.
Right now I have Benjamin pegged as a Quality Time on the Love Languages scale. He wants to be with us but not necessarily touching. This works out fine too because I'm not sure I could breathe if they both wanted to nap on me.
Chaos is pretty much a way of life around our house these days with two preschool boys, but nap time is sort of like the calm in the middle of the storm. I've always been a big fan of naps but I'm am especially fond of them these days. I don't look forward to the time when no one (but me) needs an afternoon nap. Nathan just looks so sweet catching some zzz's here,
as does Benjamin. This little couch, which I've blogged about before, was one of our favorite napping spots for a long time. It was just the perfect size and it doesn't hurt if you fall off it. It's getting to the point now that the boys (especially Nathan) have gangly limbs that sort of hang off it in all sorts of awkward positions when they try to sleep on it. But, as you can see, it used to be just the perfect size. This is Benjamin looking oh so relaxed.And this is Nathan napping on it at his first birthday party in our church's Fellowship Hall just about 30 minutes or so after opening it. Yep, nearly two years ago it fit him great! My how things change.

I praise God for moments of absolute perfect peace watching my little sweeties nap away all their tiredness and fussiness and awake rejuvenated ready to run again. We are so blessed!

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter