The first activity she had planned for each child was a black paper heart where you use a wooden skewer to scratch off the black part to reveal beautiful colors underneath. Here is Nathan scratching away and...
Benjamin doing the same.
Nathan took this pic with my camera. He's become quite the photographer since he received his own camera for Christmas.
Next Becca set up different stations around the house where the kids could use markers to draw on or paint on these big white fabric hearts that she had. I think they were intended for people to paint and the hang outside their homes. The kids loved painting of course. Since I was overseeing one of the painting areas I asked my friend Melissa to take my camera and snap a few shots of the fun.
The kids got to have some free time outside as well and run off some of their overabundant energy. The entertained themselves by pushing each other around in this little car for quite a while.
Then there was of course some time spent just running and screaming for no apparent reason. Oh to have that kind of energy.
Benjamin enjoyed jumping on this mini trampoline. He'd been jumping on it for a while before I thought to get it on video so of course as soon as I start filming he's not so interested in doing it anymore and once he does start jumping he almost falls. That's just how things go sometimes.
After the kids came back inside the house Becca had heart shaped cookies for the kids to ice and then put sprinkles on. Both boys did a great job on theirs. Benjamin enjoyed the fruits of his labor soon after completing it. Nathan of course passed his to me since he doesn't like cookies (except for animal crackers, oreos, and nilla wafers). It was very yummy.

Here's Nathan with his masterpiece before he gave it to me.
The boys also got to pass out the Valentine cards we had made for everyone but I failed to get a picture of them doing that. You can se everyone's Valentine's boxes or bags with them in this group shot. (Nathan and Benjamin had played outside again for a few minutes before taking this pic and Benjamin was quite distraught over having lost one of the outside toys over the fence into the neighbor's yard.) I'm going to run down the list of names clockwise from the top left hand corner: Kaiden, Wyatt, Jordan, Amy, Ty, Noelle, McKenna, Chloe, Lucy, Jack, Isabella, Nathan, Ella, and Benjamin. (babies Sophie and Jack were not in the pic). We are so blessed to have so many great friends.
The party wrapped up with everyone heading out onto the front porch to enjoy their cups of red Jell-o. How great is that!
The boys also got to pass out the Valentine cards we had made for everyone but I failed to get a picture of them doing that. You can se everyone's Valentine's boxes or bags with them in this group shot. (Nathan and Benjamin had played outside again for a few minutes before taking this pic and Benjamin was quite distraught over having lost one of the outside toys over the fence into the neighbor's yard.) I'm going to run down the list of names clockwise from the top left hand corner: Kaiden, Wyatt, Jordan, Amy, Ty, Noelle, McKenna, Chloe, Lucy, Jack, Isabella, Nathan, Ella, and Benjamin. (babies Sophie and Jack were not in the pic). We are so blessed to have so many great friends.
The party wrapped up with everyone heading out onto the front porch to enjoy their cups of red Jell-o. How great is that!









2 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad everyone had so much fun. I've decided next time I throw a kids party I am going to schedule in some time to sit still and quiet, like to listen to a story or puppet show or something like that. I think it will help the kids settle for a few minutes and not be so shell-shocked with all the activity everywhere....
We are going to have to have an Easter party... I've aready got ideas!
-Becca
Amanda I have to agree that this was in fact the best Valentines party ever! We had the best time. I think Becca gets the "hostess with the mostest" award for this one!
Post a Comment