Monday, February 2, 2009

Christmas Tour Of Our Home

Before putting away our Christmas decorations this year (on January 30th) I decided it would be fun to have the boys help me do a Christmas Tour of our home. I told them to talk about all the things in our house right now that are Christmassy. I'll forewarn you - both videos are quite lengthy. After all, I do love Christmas!

I realized we had missed a few things in the first video (hard to believe I know) and so we did a take two, after which I realized that we didn't mention our Christmas stockings in either video. We'll be sure to get them on next year's edition.

In the last video you saw the boys getting out all of the Christmas books. Once I stopped filming we spread them all out on the floor nice and straight and got a pic of the boys with them. My friend Leah shared with me that she had a basket full of wrapped books that she brought out on December 1st and each night her girls would get to pick out a book unwrap it and read it for nite-nite. I loved the idea. It has three of my favorite things in it - Christmas, wrapping paper, and children's books! I thus collected many books on sale throughout the Christmas season which I will wrap up and have ready for December 1st this year. (If I have enough I may start it Thanksgiving day.)


The boys thought the big tubs and trunks where all my Christmas gets stored made a great play area. They would scoot the trunks together so that they were trapped between them and then have to escape.





Only ten months until we can get it all back out again - yeah!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter