Monday, September 28, 2009

Balloon Fest Fun

We had fun at Balloon Fest again this year. I've learned from past experience that if you don't go see the balloons when they can take off early in the morning then you may not get to see them take off at all due to the winds picking up in the evening.

Here the boys are eating breakfast in the van Friday morning before Dad came and met us and took Nathan to school. I let them move up to the front seat so they could get a better view out the front windshield.

Dad sat down in the driver seat for a sec before he and Nathan had to head off to work and school. Benjamin and I walked around for a minute and picked up a program so we'd know the schedule for the weekend.Friday night after Dad got home from work we met Grandma and Poppo at Balloon Fest so the boys could enjoy the rides and bounce castles and we could all eat dinner there and watch the glow later. Here the boys are riding the little train - this was the first year they each had their own car on the train. I knew it had to happen someday - they're just too big to both fit comfortably together in one anymore. (A piece of the side trim had come off Nathan's car.) Here the boys are waiting for their turn in one of the bounce castles.When we're going to be in big crowds I like to dress the boys alike - it just makes them a little easier to keep up with. However this can sometimes cause problems when I'm looking back at the pics and if its not a clear shot of their face I can have trouble telling them apart. Those little blond heads look identical from certain angles. To keep from having to comment as to who is who in each pic I've put all the Nathan bounce castle pics first then Benjamin's.

Here's Nathan:
He really liked the obstacle course ones.
Here's Benjamin:
Benjamin prefers to slide down on his belly - he's never been much for conformity.

Here's a couple of videos of the bounce castle/slide fun.

The boys also enjoyed the horse rides this year.

Nathan was so much bolder and braver about riding this year - last year he just wanted to pet the horse but this year he was ready to jump on. Yeah Nathan!
Benjamin enjoyed riding around too.

Here are the boys just trotting along.

Nathan wanted a corndog for dinner but all they had were foot long ones so we got him one of those and he ate half of it then passed it to Dad. Benjamin wanted a hot dog and did a good job eating the weiner out of it and a little of the bread. I had taken some crackers from the house for them to eat as well.
Benjamin helped me eat my chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick - yummy!
The Balloon Glow was beautiful as always.
Saturday morning we got up and headed to the park early to see the balloons off one more time.
We met up with our friends Steve and NeeNee at the fest and then went to breakfast with them. I love it when impromptu things like that work out. And I love lazy Saturdays that begin with a balloon flight!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter