Friday, September 4, 2009

Nathan's First Day Of School And More

Nathan's first day of school came a bit later than we had planned due to a lovely flu bug visiting our house. Ideally he would have started class on Monday the 24th but he wasn't well enough to go until Friday the 28th. On Friday he was so excited to finally be getting to go to school.

Here he is posing for his first day pics.
He's ready to head out the door to Dad's truck. It works out great for David to drop him off at school at 8 a.m. on his way to work and then Benjamin and I pick him up at noon. Nathan likes to pose for pics (in case you couldn't tell) and so he thought this whole taking pics before heading out the door thing should just be a part of the daily routine. I like taking his pic (in case you couldn't tell) and so I obliged. Here he is heading off to his second day of school on August 31st.
Now there really was a legitimate excuse to take his pic on his third day of school since it was also his fifth birthday! (Wow - can't believe I have a five year old!)
The boys and I went to the Card and Party Factory and got Nathan this nifty fifth birthday pin to wear. Both boys were very puzzled by the word "factory" in the store's name - they're so logical - since it's not really a factory per say.
Nathan also got a new backpack to wear on his birthday since his folder that he brings home with his papers in it each day wouldn't fit in his Thomas the Tank Engine backpack very well.
Yes, the backpack is huge and comes down to his knees but he wanted a yellow one (his favorite color) and it needed to be big enough to hold a folder and Target's selection was pretty picked over so this is what we got. He loves it and that's what matters - he really thinks he's big stuff when he's got it on.
Ready to go once again!
Here's Benjamin hugging Dad goodbye before he and Nathan leave.
I wish I could capture the expression of pride and confidence that Nathan has on his face each day as he drives away with Dad.
My little boy it growing up and I couldn't be more excited for him. Yeah Nathan!!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter