David and I had a wonderful time celebrating our anniversary this past weekend. We are so blessed to have both sets of grandparents close by and willing to keep up with our sweet boys for us for a few days so we can have some alone time. Saturday morning David left the house early to go a Walk To Emmaus team meeting and I packed the boys' suitcases and then headed out to David's parents house to drop Benjamin off until Tuesday. Nathan and I came back home and soon my parents came by and picked him up to keep him 'til Tuesday.
Once the boys were off with the grandparents I went to a workday at the school where Nathan will be in Pre-K this fall (he starts school August 24th). By the time I arrived most of the work had been done but I did get to dust and vacuum the administrator's office. I also got to visit with a couple of the other moms who will have kids in Nathan's class so that was cool.
We spent our evenings (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) eating at home and watching movies. Two things we enjoy doing but don't get a chance to do very often.
Sunday we enjoyed attending Sunday School and corporate worship together then we went out to Perini's Steakhouse in Buffalo Gap to partake of their fabulous lunch buffet. I had our waitress snap a picture of us. After lunch we drove to my parent's old house and dropped off some things we wanted to store there and picked up a desk from there for our office at home.
Monday morning we woke up early and headed out to the Cedar Gap Farm. We enjoyed a leisurely morning walking along the trails and of course snapping some pics along the way.

Once the boys were off with the grandparents I went to a workday at the school where Nathan will be in Pre-K this fall (he starts school August 24th). By the time I arrived most of the work had been done but I did get to dust and vacuum the administrator's office. I also got to visit with a couple of the other moms who will have kids in Nathan's class so that was cool.
We spent our evenings (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) eating at home and watching movies. Two things we enjoy doing but don't get a chance to do very often.
Sunday we enjoyed attending Sunday School and corporate worship together then we went out to Perini's Steakhouse in Buffalo Gap to partake of their fabulous lunch buffet. I had our waitress snap a picture of us. After lunch we drove to my parent's old house and dropped off some things we wanted to store there and picked up a desk from there for our office at home.
Monday morning we woke up early and headed out to the Cedar Gap Farm. We enjoyed a leisurely morning walking along the trails and of course snapping some pics along the way.
Here we are on the sidewalk leading up to the bird viewing house...
and under the arbor next to the house.
This viewing house was sooo neat. It was very relaxing to just sit back and watch all the different bird at the feeders that were outside these big picture windows.
The adorable little hummingbirds were some of our favorites.


We had a great time celebrating our thirteenth anniversary and look forward to many more!
and under the arbor next to the house.
This viewing house was sooo neat. It was very relaxing to just sit back and watch all the different bird at the feeders that were outside these big picture windows.
The adorable little hummingbirds were some of our favorites.

We also got to see a few of these painted buntings with the binoculars but didn't get any good pics of our own of them.
We had a great time celebrating our thirteenth anniversary and look forward to many more!






No comments:
Post a Comment