My friend Anissa did a similar countdown to this for her 10th anniversary back in May and I thought it was such a great idea that I've made my own countdown for our 13th anniversary today. (Hers was much more concise - I'm not known for being concise.)
THIRTEEN
Fabulous Years of Marital Bliss
Many waters cannot quench love, nor will rivers overflow it.
Song of Solomon 8:7a
TWELVE
Divinely Blessed Years of Faith, Friendship, and Service
at South Side Baptist Church
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering,
for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider
how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
not forsaking our own assembling together,
as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another;
and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
Hebrews 10:23-25
ELEVEN
Pets: Nine Aquatic (we actually had several fish in the first
few years of our marriage but nine is an approximate number
of fish that were in our little tank at any given time)
names I can remember are Salt, Pepper, Lemon, and Lime,
One Miniature Daschund named Jewel who we loved dearly,
and One Cat named Dot
Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and
honor and power; for You created all things,
and because of Your will they existed, and were created.
Revelation 4:11
TEN
Years At Our Current Residence
He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and
laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came,
the torrent struck that house but could not shake it,
because it was well built.
Luke 6:48
NINE
Number of Places We've Been Employed
(David: his Dad's music store, Coca-Cola Bottling,
Tru-Green Chem Lawn, Walmart, American State Bank,
and First Financial Bank,
Amanda: a temp agency, Weldon Stark CPA,
and South Side Baptist Church)
There is profit in all hard work,
but endless talk leads only to poverty.
Proverbs 14:23
EIGHT
Years of Employment for David at First Financial Bank Abilene
"Wealth and honor come from you alone,
for you rule over everything.
Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion
people are made great and given strength.
O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name!"
1 Chronicles 29:12-13
SEVEN
Years of Employment for Amanda at SSBC (1997-2004)
Give her the reward of her labor,
and let her works praise her at the city gates.
Proverbs 31:31
SIX
Completed Scrapbooks
I thought about the former days, the years of long ago;
I remembered my songs in the night.
I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
I will meditate on all your works and
consider all your mighty deeds.
Psalm 77:5-6a, 11-12
FIVE
Vehicles: David's 1993 Ford Ranger Splash,
my 1989 Chevy Corsica, a 1995 Grand Prix,
a 1991 Dodge Caravan, and our 2004 Toyota Sienna
The path of the righteous is level;
You clear a straight path for the righteous.
Yes, LORD, we wait for You in the path of Your judgments.
Our desire is for Your name and renown.
Isaiah 26:7-8
FOUR
Dwelling Places
(Two Apartments in Brownwood and an Apartment
and a House in Abilene)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain.
Psalm 127:1a
THREE
Overnight Trips To Fredericksburg, Texas
(Our Honeymoon, 5th Anniversary, and 10th Anniversary)
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28
TWO
Adorably Rambunctious Sons
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Psalm 127:3
ONE
Blessed Union
"Haven't you read," he [Jesus] replied,
"that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'
and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother
and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'
So they are no longer two, but one.
Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
Matthew 19:4-6
I thought it was very fitting that today another blog I read gave a bit of marital advice. I am certainly grateful for David learning to put up with a few things through the years. He's the best!







No comments:
Post a Comment