Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is David's 34th birthday so I'm taking this opportunity to share some photos I've taken of him and two of his biggest fans throughout this year. I've always known David would be a great dad and he proves it over and over again.

I like to call this first pic "My Very Own Geek Squad." Benjamin is playing on the web on the netbook, David has his laptop, and Nathan is working on an older computer that David has loaded a bunch of kids games on from CD's (Nathan calls it his CD computer). At least I never have to worry about paying for tech support.They certainly are three peas in a pod.Here they are all huddled around the CD computer another day. The pic is blurry because I took it on my phone.Besides being a great instructor in all things technical David is also a great builder of forts,(I think it is pretty impressive for this fort to have been built to this level of completion considering the rambunctious nature of his building partners)

blesser and sharer of meals,assembler of puzzles,(these Tom and Jerry and Peanuts puzzles were some of mine from when I was young)player of games (Jenga...-look what Benjamin was doing while Dad and Nathan were concentrating on the game, sneaking a drink from Dad's cup-and Turtle Picnic),builder of towers,setter upper of dominoes (actually Jenga pieces),

player of music (even in the midst of chaos),

taker of hugs,solver of puzzles (the book they are looking at is Puzzle Island from Discovery Toys - a very fun puzzle book),and last but not least reader of the night-night stories. I love to watch David reading to his sons. He definitely knows how to make reading fun.
(we dog-sat Daisy for a few days so she got to read night-night with my guys)

I cannot even begin to thank God enough for the amazing example of a godly husband and father he has given me and my boys. Here's Nathan in Dad's tie and dress shoes. Both my sons want to be just like him and I can dream for them no greater fate.


Happy Birthday Dad! We love you!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter