Monday, July 6, 2009

The Treasure Hunters

Nathan is reading right along these days - he continues to amaze me - and there is so much fun to be had once a person learns to read. Case in point - treasure hunts. We have a Blue's Clues video where Steve and Blue go on a treasure hunt and the boys really like it. Well, last Friday I set the boys up their own 10 clue treasure hunt at our house and they had a blast hunting together.

I didn't get any still pics of the hunt but I did manage to get these videos. The video starts at clue 5 because I was just having so much fun watching them for the first few clues I forgot to get any pics or video. I love how Nathan gives Benjamin a job to do - take care of the uncovered clues. They worked together so great on the hunt - it does my heart good.

Yes, Nathan read "Congratulations!" I know a lot of it was context (since he had reached his last clue he was probably expecting a congratulations) and several of his computer games say and show the word congratulations when he completes a level but still I think it's a pretty big word for a four year old to read without hesitation.

I look forward to creating many more treasure hunts for my little treasure hunters - it was soooo fun!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter