Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I remember a time in my life when I thought I'd never join your number. Yet here I am celecrating my third Mother's Day. God has been so good to me. I praise Him for the marvelous plans He had for me, plans to give me a hope and a future - and two adorable sons.
I just thought I was happy in my pre-motherhood days. I enjoyed living in my own little bubble, self absorbed, never really looking beyond myself. I like to compare my becoming a mom to a lost person accepting Christ. Before I was a mom, all I could see was the downside of parenthood - the loss of sleep, the crying, the poopy diapers, the drain on my income, etc. But I now know there is a fullness to life, a whole world outside of myself, a joy beyond measure which comes only with the blessing of parenthood. Just as a non-Christian can oftentimes only see the downside of Christianity - the rules and restrictions, no partying, no drinking, no cussing, no carousing, etc. But the Christian life is so much more that following a rule book. It's growing in a deep love relationship with my Savior each day, it is the key to a truly abundant life and joy immeasureable. I highly recommend both Christianity and motherhood - they really go great together. I can't imagine my life any other way.
On my first Mother's Day, when Nathan was still in utero, he gave me a wonderful Mother's Day gift. I had felt him moving but hadn't seen it on the outside yet. So I'm sitting in church and look down at my ever growing belly and saw a kick. It was so amazing and cool and weird and scary and exciting all at the same time. Kind of like parenting in general.
Here's a photo our friend Mr. Steve snapped of us after church today. Nathan really does have nice eyes, they just don't show when he does his "toothy" grin.

I just thought I was happy in my pre-motherhood days. I enjoyed living in my own little bubble, self absorbed, never really looking beyond myself. I like to compare my becoming a mom to a lost person accepting Christ. Before I was a mom, all I could see was the downside of parenthood - the loss of sleep, the crying, the poopy diapers, the drain on my income, etc. But I now know there is a fullness to life, a whole world outside of myself, a joy beyond measure which comes only with the blessing of parenthood. Just as a non-Christian can oftentimes only see the downside of Christianity - the rules and restrictions, no partying, no drinking, no cussing, no carousing, etc. But the Christian life is so much more that following a rule book. It's growing in a deep love relationship with my Savior each day, it is the key to a truly abundant life and joy immeasureable. I highly recommend both Christianity and motherhood - they really go great together. I can't imagine my life any other way.
On my first Mother's Day, when Nathan was still in utero, he gave me a wonderful Mother's Day gift. I had felt him moving but hadn't seen it on the outside yet. So I'm sitting in church and look down at my ever growing belly and saw a kick. It was so amazing and cool and weird and scary and exciting all at the same time. Kind of like parenting in general.
Here's a photo our friend Mr. Steve snapped of us after church today. Nathan really does have nice eyes, they just don't show when he does his "toothy" grin.

"For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him. So I have also dedicated him to the LORD; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the LORD " And he worshiped the LORD there." 1 Samuel 1:27-28







No comments:
Post a Comment