Monday, May 21, 2007

Only Five Photos Away

I've decided that I no longer like senior slide shows.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll explain. At our church every year we celebrate our graduating high school seniors by having their parents submit pictures of them taken down through the years. They usually begin with a baby picture then one from about every four or five years after that. The pictures are all assembled into a slide show that is shown in our Sunday morning worship service. Before I had kids I loved the shows each year. It was always kind of neat to see how the seniors have changed through their growing up years. However, now that I have my own little darlings I can't help but think, "Wow, I've already got the first picture for the show. Just four more pics and they're gone out of my house and into the real world - this is my babies I'm talking about!" It's at that point I begin my nervous breakdown. Not really but it is a very sobering thought.

Here's my favorite baby pics of each of the boys. Let the slide show begin.


No, it's not the same kid - they do favor each other a little though don't you think?

One comforting thought in all of this comes from my friend Carol. Her twin sons just graduated high school and when my mom asked her one day if the years had just flown by she said that she didn't really feel like they had. She made the statement that if she had had to get up every day and rush to get everyone fed breakfast and out the door off to school and work and get herself to work then rush after work to pick everyone up from school get them home and fed and finished with homework and into bed for the night just for the whole thing to start over the next she could see how someone might feel that way. Their family led a very different life than most of the world though. She stayed home with her boys and homeschooled them. Their evenings weren't jam packed with a thousand different activites. She said she had really enjoyed her boys all their days and loved watching them grow into godly young men. What a testimony! I thank God for this mentor mom in my life who truly made her days count.

"As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years, or if due to strength, eighty years, yet their pride is but labor and sorrow; for soon it is gone and we fly away...So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:10-12

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter