We had planned to take the boys to an event this morning titled Kidzfest. It was going to include the grand opening of the Grace Museum's newly remodeled children's area as well as many other fun activities at the NNCIL and other downtown locations. What were we thinking? We got to the NNCIL and the line was out the door then we walked down to the Grace and the line was around the building. In case you don't know, waiting in line is not one of my boys strong suits but I doubt it is for any 2 or 1 year old. Rather than fight the crowds we decided to go check out the Abilene Public Library instead. It was the boys first trip and they loved it. So many books - so little time. (We'll check out the Grace when there aren't hundreds of other kids there.)

Later this afternoon the boys got to play on the computer with Dad. They like to go to Bob the Builder's website and play the games. What got me when I was watching them was the fact that there's this same profile on three faces. I tell people all the time that I liked David so much I made two copies of him. It really shows in this picture don't you think?
Such concentration!
So my plans got a little changed today. Oh well. I've learned (especailly in the last two and a half years) that when my plans get changed is it often because God has something even better in store. I would have loved to have seen how they've updated the kid's section of the Grace but we will do that another day. And if we hadn't been all dressed and ready and downtown with nowhere to go this morning we wouldn't have gone and sat in the floor of the library and had a such a sweet time sharing the joy of reading with our young bookworms. Now we will certainly make plans to do that again as well. Yes the blessings that God has for me when things don't go my way are amazing!
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9
No comments:
Post a Comment