Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Happy Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was fabulous!

We had a normal Sunday morning - getting up, dressing, eating breakfast and arriving at church by 9(ish). Nathan has been sitting with me in big church since the beginning of March and he's doing pretty well with it - he still forgets and talks out loud during the service sometimes but overall he's doing great. Having one of my sons in church with me (which I haven't done since spring of 2006) on Mother's Day made it extra special. I am so proud of how much my eldest (and his little brother too) is growing a maturing.

After church we went to eat at Golden Chick with three other families from church. We all came home and napped then later that evening we picked up Arby's for my parents and grandmom and our family to eat at my grandmother's house. This was her sixtieth Mother's Day - pretty impressive - and we all wanted to celebrate with her.

As we were setting out the food for everyone and getting the boys plates ready and everything David turned to me and said "Do you want to take a few pics of everyone?" Well, of course I did being me and all but I almost knocked him down with a great big hug when he handed me my Mother's Day present to take the pics with!!!

This is my new camera and it is sooooooooo amazing! I'm still learning all it knows how to do but I already know that I love, love, love it!

Okay, okay enough about the camera - you can probably notice on your own that it is taking much better pics than my old one. I wanted a pic of everyone sitting around eating dinner but Benjamin thought it would be funny to hide and not be in the pic. He's in the chair to David's left scrunched down in his seat and giggling.
Here's what I got when I confronted him head on to get a pic. Little stinker! You can just see the mischief oozing out of him.
I sneaked around and got this pic of my guys from the other side - I caught Benjamin off guard and he actually looked at me.I was very glad to get this beautiful shot of Nathan sitting in the floor of the office area. He's playing with one of those exercise things you can sit in front of your chair and pedal like a bicycle.
David snapped these sweet pics of my boys loving on me. They're still young enough to willingly kiss their mother and I treasure each and every kiss.
Me and my firstborn!
Benjamin spied something out the window. "Who me?"
Here's a word to the wise: Don't ask Benjamin to bring you your drink unless you're okay with him drinking half of it on his way to you.
Benjamin has gotten to where he loves to do headstands (his version).
The boys love to play with Poppo in the spare bedroom. Benjamin is hiding under all the decorative pillows he's taken off the bed and thrown in the floor.
Once again - "Who me?"
More play time in the living room.
Nathan was walking around making his mean (or not so mean) sharp tooth face and claws when I snapped this pic. (In case you don't know, "sharp tooth" is what they call the tyrannosaurus rexes on the Land Before Time movies.)
I shot a little footage of the terrorizing action.
Nathan has a notepad that he has drawn in several times when he's been out at Great Grandmom's house in the past and he was showing it off to Grandma. He also showed it to his Great Grandmom.
I love this one!
David even shot some footage of them looking at the book of Nathan's artwork together. So sweet!
Here's the fam! Hope your Mother's Day was great too!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter