Nathan is reading more and more all the time. With books that we've read to him many times I always wonder if he's really reading or just reciting. Well, the other day we found this book when we were going through some things in storage. I handed it to Nathan and he read it. So here he is really reading - despite many distractions. I love how he is so on task about finishing his reading of the book to me - no dog or brother is going to stand in his way!
I'm so proud of him - he amazes me!
I've been asked what curriculum I used to teach Nathan to read and my only answer is that we (parents, grandparents, cousins) have always read to him. He also has some LeapFrog toys and videos which help with learning letters, sounds, and how words are put together. He's loved books his whole life - seriously - and he's been paying attention lately to the words when we read to him. The Lord has blessed him with a quick mind and eagerness to learn to read - so he has. We still have to help him with many words but as you can hear he is really doing great.







1 comment:
This is Great! We're just starting to really work with Ella and she seems to like numbers the best. It's so exciting. I love watching Nathen, it's like you can see his little mind working! You are so very patient in your tone too, what an encouragement.
Post a Comment