Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our Saturday In Pictures

We had a great day yesterday just enjoying being together as a family. The boys love Saturdays because Dad doesn't have to go to work. I'm pretty fond of them myself.

We started out our day putting the boys' new booster seats in the van. They are exactly alike and use the shoulder and lap belt from the van. It's hard to believe but these are the last booster seats we'll ever need to buy for them. (The back comes off and it can be used as just a bottom booster once they are tall enough.) Our first stop for the day was McKay's Bakery on South 14th. Nathan enjoys going to the bakery but doesn't want to eat any of the goodies they have there. He picked out a grape juice from there to drink with his cereal that he brought from home. Silly boy.
Benjamin loves going to McKay's too but he has the opposite problem as Nathan; he wants to eat a little of everything there - cookies, pies, cakes, brownies, muffins, sweet rolls, and donuts. We let him have a big chocolate covered donut and he shared one of my muffins.He ends up wearing quite a bit of chocolate.
I think their cherry nut muffins are my favorite - that is until the day they finally take my advice and make chocolate chip muffins. I'm holding out hope though it's been years since I first mentioned it to them.
After breakfast we stopped by our friends' Ken and BoBo's garage sale. Unfortunately the newspaper messed up their ad and they didn't have hardly any traffic. It was really dead when we were there bt a couple I know from church did stop by and it was good to visit with them for a minute. The boys enjoyed playing around and I enjoyed finding a brand new pair of Clark's black clogs - my favorite shoes ever! (I wore them to church this morning - soooo comfy!!)
After the garage sale we went to the zoo. Now if you know me very well at all you're thinking that I have a ton of pics from the zoo and you'd be right. I'll just share one now and put the rest in a separate post. Here the boys are heading up to the main entrance.
We had a great time wandering around the zoo for a couple of hours. Then we went home and had lunch. After lunch the boys took a nap while I went to a baby shower for a friend. When I got back I took a short nap then we went to the mall. David was needing some new tennis shoes and I never turn down a trip to the mall. The boys and I hung out at the playground while David shopped for shoes at a few stores.
David found some shoes he liked at The Shoe Department but wanted to look at Sears before making his final decision. He came by and told me he was heading down to Sears and suggested that while he was looking at Sears I go ahead and get the boys socks and shoes back on and go to Chick-fil-A and he'd meet us there shortly - so that's what we did. Both boys ate really well and so they got to share ice cream cones with Dad and I for dessert which is a rare and special treat.
After dinner the boys wanted to ride on the carousel. I love this pic of Nathan with everything but his face slightly blurry because of the movement of the ride.
This one of Benjamin is pretty cute too even though it is more blurry.
I have a video of the boys on the carousel but it wouldn't upload for me. I'll try to add it in later and I'll let you know if I ever get it to work.
Once the ride stopped we went back down to The Shoe Department for David to buy the shoes he found earlier in the evening. The boys always like this little play area they have in the shoes store.
Nathan was making silly faces in the mirror behind him so I asked him to make a silly face for me. He did a good job!
We ended our day with a much needed bath.
What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter