Monday, June 16, 2008

David's Happy Father's Day

David had a nice Father's Day. He got to spend the day (after the morning worship service) just hanging out and playing with his sons. They built (and knocked down - the boys favorite part) with blocks for a while.

I stood on one of the kitchen chairs to get this shot - not being a very good example for the boys but oh well.
Nathan was building on his own as I snapped this cute pic. I like these next three sequence shots of Benjamin and Dad building,...
building,...
and then knocking down. Great action shot!Nathan demonstrates in this pic how they like to build bridges with the blocks for their trains to go through.
Now they've got a nice long train going through.
They decided to play a new game called train bowling. They (mostly Dad) built a long line of block buildings and then they sat on the carpet (ideally) and drove trains to knock down the blocks.

Later they decided to get out their real bowling set that they got for Christmas and play with it for a while. I don't have as many pictures of that because I was working on getting dinner ready.
We had a great day and from my perspective the best part was watching my sons bond with their absolutely amazing Dad. He's by far their favorite playmate and it's plain to see why. He is so great playing with them it makes me smile all over. Even before I was convinced that I did actually want children I always knew in the back of my mind that David would be a great dad and I was right.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter