Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Last Saturday when we were at Fort Imagination Benjamin was playing with a little girl he had met there. At one point he was standing up on a step and she pushed him off of it right flat on his face. David was standing near him as this happened and said it is a thousand wonders he did not get a bloody nose out of the deal. He did however get a scraped nose and a big mouthful of dirt, both of which greatly upset him. I took him out to the van to get him all cleaned up and after the tears had subsided and his mouth had been thoroughly rinsed he said "I don't like my new friend anymore." Me either, honey, me either.

Nathan is reading/spelling more and more every day and this makes for some interesting situations at times.

After we left Fort Imagination Saturday we went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. Benjamin was a bit fussy during the meal and Dad asked him what was wrong. I mentioned to Dad that he was probably t-i-r-e-d, spelling it out so as not to give Benjamin a license to misbehave. Nathan looked up and his dad and said "Yeah, he's tired." David told me later that I'll have to start spelling exhausted - yeah, if I could!

Another situation came about in church this past Sunday when Nathan's Sunday School teacher set down a container which had once held animal crackers but now held Honeycomb cereal. Nathan looked at the package and said "Animal Crackers" and his teacher shared with me later that he just assumed that Nathan recognized the container. A few minutes later as they were eating Nathan looked at the package again and said "Why does that say "Low Fat'"? Okay, so he really was reading the words. Smarty pants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. How funny with nathan spelling like that.

onemotherslove said...

Crazy isn't it that they're reading & spelling already! I was so not prepared for this!!!

It Is Written...

Site Meter