Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Beautiful Brownwood - Coggin Park

When we got to Brownwood we drove by some of the houses that David's parents had lived in through the years including one where David and I had helped plant a tree when we were engaged thirteen years ago - the tree is doing very well all these years later as are we. We also drove by our first apartment. David took a pic with his phone of one place I left my mark on Brownwood and posted about it on his blog.

We stopped at Coggin Park (which is not located on Coggin Avenue - just in case you ever need that little tidbit on info). David and I went to this park many many times during our dating days and it's where he proposed to me - what great memories!

They have updated the playground area of the park and the boys had a great time playing there. When we first got out of the van the boys ran straight for this firetruck which is located in the toddler play area.
My goodness he looks old in this pic. I can't believe I am going to have a five-year-old in September!Dad and Benjamin just traipsed across the ditch between the two play areas but Nathan and I took the bridge like civilized people.
These are absolutely the two cutest lions I've ever seen and I'm not lion. (Cheesy, I know but that's how I roll.)
Benjamin wasted no time climbing up...
around to the next level...
and up...to the top of this three story tower and...
sliding all the way down.Nathan on the other hand wasted no time opening up a restaurant but with prices like these I'm afraid he won't stay open long.
Nathan really liked these neat bells. You could hit them with your hand to make them ring or hit them with a rock to make them ring even louder.
Don't you just love the tintinnabulation of the ringing of the bells and the climbing of the boy.
This was a very unusual but fun criss-crossed see saw.

We also liked these dome shaped monkey bars. The boys pretended we were in jail and had to break out.
Here are a few more shots of my little monkey boy climbing around.
He maneuvered his way through these curvy bars really well.
After so much running and around in the heat everyone needed a break and a drink before they could continue playing.
This rock wall was really neat. I can just see my little guys climbing all over it when we visit here again through the years.
I asked all my men to scrunch together and look at me through this opening in the wall so I could snap a pic. I needed a good pic of them with their heads close together for an oval locket I have. It worked great. I wear the locket pretty often now and would be glad to show it off if you ask (maybe even if you don't - tee hee).
Nathan was bouncing on this fun little platform.
Dad decided to try it out too.
He's really just a big kid sometimes and I think that is one of the things that makes him such a great dad. I didn't realize he was fixin to dismount when I turned off the video so I kind of caught him mid-jump. Just in case you're wondering (like when they'd leave the Dukes of Hazzard up in mid-air as they went to commercial break) he did land well with no mishaps.
As we were leaving the boys found one more thing to play on right quick in the toddler area - big plastic bongos. Yeah!
We had a great time at the park. I could never have imagined when David and I were at this park many many years ago that we'd one day be bringing two sons to play here. Who knows maybe one day many many more years from now we'll get to bring grandkids here.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter