Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Clubhouse

Dad came home from work yesterday with this huge box. They had gotten a new finisher (Finisher SR5000 to be exact - according to the box - I think it's just a fancy name for 'high volume printer') and it came in this great sturdy box just the right size to be transformed into a clubhouse for two preschool boys. I drew off five windows and a door and David cut them out with his box cutter. Then we all had a blast decorating the clubhouse.

I'm going to show you my two favorite pics first. I just love the these expressions as they peek out the windows.
The next few pics are just the boys and I enjoying the decorating process - it was a big job.
I drew the smiley faces on the three zeros at the end of the writing and Benjamin insisted that all the letters and numbers have faces. He then added the orange hair on them all.
The boys did the interior decorating all on their own.
Dad's contribution was to write "Nathan and Benjamin's Clubhouse" on one side of the door way and "No gurlz allowed! (except Mommy)" on the other side.
The boys love to go into their clubhouse for s little privacy during their phone conversations.
The clubhouse takes on many different facades - here we see it doubling as a library and snack bar (notice the graham crackers).
It makes a great medical clinic for all ailing stuffed animals...
and ogres.
Shrek received great care and is healing well - so I am told anyway.
So in retrospect we could have skipped all the Christmas presents and just presented the boys with a large empty box for Christmas and they would have been fine. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so cute. I love how kids can turn anything into something fun. Your boys are so cute! Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll get a big box for Lucy next year for Christmas!!

It Is Written...

Site Meter