Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Enjoying Our Gifts - Part 1

I took this picture of the boys enjoying their new books the day after Christmas.
It looks like Benjamin is about to say "wanna switch?"
The boys received their first real markers and some sketch pads and were enjoying doodling.
I walked out of the room for a minute and when I returned Nathan told me that he had written the words "No" and "Yes". He showed the squiggly black lines that he said were the words. I asked him if he would like for me to write the words for real and he said "Sure." So I wrote the actual words in brown. In a few minutes Nathan says that he has written the word "no" for real and sure enough he had (in black at the bottom of the page). Pretty impressive if you ask me (but of course I am quite biased).
Benjamin is really enjoying this new big Doodle Pro. He is now able to draw faces that look like actual faces a little bit.
In these doodles of his I can see faces with eyes and mouths and he's even started to try to draw the body coming off the head. Once again I am quite impressed.
I asked Nathan if he could give me a quick smile while looking at one of his new books and he said that he could just make is grrrr face. So I snapped a shot of that - still pretty cute if you ask me.
Here the boys are sporting their new tobaggans and mittens.

Benjamin wanted his new shades on too so he looks like he's ready to hit the slopes.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter