Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ice Skating

This past weekend David and I enjoyed some alone time while my parents watched the grandboys. We dropped the two younger members of our family off on Saturday morning and then came back to Abilene to eat out for lunch at Enriques. The food was delicious. Then we came home and watched our newly purchased National Treasure DVD. I had never seen it and we were planning on the seeing the second one later that day. After the movie was over we went back to my parents house real quick because I had a mommy-brain moment earlier and forgot to take Nathan's medication the first trip. Anyway, when we got back to Abilene again, we went ice skating. Correction - David ice skated. I did something more like ice scooting/slipping/sliding and was just grateful I made in around the rink a few times without falling and hurting myself.

Here's my date lacing up his skates. By the way, if any of you out there are planning a trip to our local skating rink let me just forewarn you that the skates fit really wide and are a bit difficult to tighten up. I would advise wearing many pairs of socks.
See, David actually looks like he knows what he's doing. (He's really good on roller blades too - he even used to play roller hockey in the local league.)
If I look a little shaky here it's because I just landed a triple lux - NOT! Like I said earlier I was just glad I didn't fall. The ice is well, you know, slippery. I did actually make it all the way around my last time with out having to grab the side of the rink. That was quite an accomplishment for me.
I stood outside the rink and videoed David. When I asked why he didn't do the same when I was skating by, he assured me that it wouldn't have looked all that different from the still shot since I was going so slow- ha, ha. Anyway, here's the show off.
Overall we both had a great time. We enjoyed doing something out-of-the-ordinary. As you can tell from the pics, we didn't even need our coats and there was a beautiful sunset behind us. After skating we did get to see the new National Treasure movie. It was a wonderful day spent with my very best friend. I just couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter