Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Happy October 31st

I'm not so naive that I don't know that there is a great deal of evil in this fallen world we live in and some choose October 31st as a day to celebrate such things. However, I also know that this day, as all others, is a day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. My sons are still so young and innocent and pure that they only know of Halloween as a time to dress up, carve pumpkins, and eat candy - nothing more, nothing evil. I like that.

We had dressed quite a few times up prior to Friday, as you've seen in previous posts, but now that it was actually Halloween day we didn't have much going on. The boys wanted to wear their costumes again so we decided to put them on go entertain the staff at LifeWay Christian Bookstore where we'd fit in great with all their VT products.
LifeWay is always one of my favorite stores to visit. They've got great stuff for the kiddos and great stuff for me and Dad too.
When we got there they even had a Veggie movie on. So fun!
Nathan has to have his veggie top on just right of course.
Yes, he knows he's looking good.
We picked out the Bob and Larry puzzle that Benjamin is carrying to take home with us on this particular day. There's always so much I'd like to take home but today it was pretty easy to decide since I actually had Bob and Larry with me the puzzle seemed like an obvious choice.
Since we had already done all our trick-or-treating the night before, we spent our evening at the mall enjoying dinner at Chick-fil-A - always a favorite. The mall was really pretty quite. All in all it was a great day though David did almost run over some trick-or-treaters on the way home - they were running across our street and I don't think they even looked. They same kids came and rang our doorbell and knocked on our door about 30 minutes later (even though our door was closed and we didn't have any of our outside lights on). David told them that they we weren't passing out candy and that they should be more careful when crossing the street.

As much fun as they boys have had this past month, I have to say I am always so glad when all the stores (especially Sam's) takes down all their creepy decorations and replaces them with Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff. If you know me, you know I'm always ready for Christmas!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter