Sunday, November 9, 2008

Benjamin's Birthday - Part 1

To start off Benjamin's birthday Friday morning we had a party at our house for our usual Friday playgroup. Noelle was the only guest who could attend but that didn't bother Benjamin any. He was so excited that I had made "Three Fruit Salad" (which means I cut up a banana, apple, and some grapes and put them in a bowl) for his third birthday. At this age he is very easy to please.

Here are the kids chowing down on the fruit salad.
Later that afternoon Benjamin helped me make his birthday cake, a double chocolate chip pound cake. First I put in the water and oil. He had fun mixing - or at lest trying to mix - those two together.
After Dad got in from work we went to the Jump Around which Benjamin had been asking to go to for his birthday for the past few weeks. We all had a blast and David certainly got his work out in for the day!

Benjamin was very happy to be there and showed off some of his dance moves in the toddler area.
Of course there was much sliding down of boys throughout the evening.
They were very glad to have Dad there to play with them in the bounce castles.
Bounce castles can double and bouncy wrestling mats, who knew?
The bouncy obstacle course is always a big hit. Benjamin liked throwing his ball over this bar. (Don't ask me why I didn't just video it - I guess that would have been too easy!)
I love these pics of my eldest climbing through there!
Here is Nathan's interpretation of what the symbols on the warning label on the bounce castle meant.
Benjamin sat down (briefly) and tossed the ball to me.
David worked with Nathan and taught him how to climb up the ladders for the big slides all by himself.
Benjamin tried too (of course) but wasn't quite able to manage it just yet.
Here's some footage of Nathan making his way up solo - but with moral support nearby.
Before long he was doing it all alone. Yeah Nathan!

After working up a good appetite at the Jump Around, Benjamin selected Chick-fil-A as our dinner destination.

KEAN radio was broadcasting live from Chick-fil-A and Benjamin and Nathan both got to talk on the DJ, Rudy "Fearless" Fernandez's mike. Fearless actually visited with us for a while. He loves kids. (As you all know I am a hick and like country music. I've actually listened to Fearless on the radio for about 30 years now so it was like talking to a celebrity for me though I have talked with him several times through the years at other events.)

After a full and fun day we came home, bathed, and read our night-night books before going to bed. Whew!

Tomorrow is Benjamin's family birthday party - I can hardly wait!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter