Friday, December 5, 2008

Decorating Our Own Ornaments

The boys had so much fun painting their own ornaments last year that I decided we should make that one of our annual family traditions. The place we painted ceramics at last year closed but I found these neat sets at Bed Bath and Beyond. Each boy got two ceramic ornaments to decorate (one snowman and one ball) and six paint pens with which to draw.

Each boy started out working on their snowman ornaments.
As much fun the snowmen were to color, the balls were even more fun. At this point I was really wishing I had bought a set for me to decorate as well.
I just thought Benjamin's little toes looked so cute sticking out from under his little bobo.
Here are the finished products (Nathan's are on the left). I love observing their individual artistic styles. Nathan is into making squiggly lines everywhere and Benjamin is all about full coverage of color. Benjamin started coloring on the ball with green, blue etc. markers then picked up the red marker and decided to stick with it until there was almost no white space left on his ball. He is very thorough.
Here's little footage of the fun.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter