Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Tiny Talk Tuesday
The other day Nathan and I were talking about Christmas, and Jesus, and his Cubbie verse which was "Jesus said 'I am the resurrection and the life.'" I wanted him to have the big picture regarding why Jesus came and why he had to die and what it means for us to have eternal life because He rose from the dead. I decided to draw out a simple plan of salvation on paper for him and explain the whole thing. It's really amazing how simple the story is and how complicated we often try to make it. At the end of the explanation I told Nathan that I was explaining all this to him because I wanted him to know the truth of God's love for him - for everyone. I then told him that many people in the world do not know the truth. At that he picked up the paper I had written on and said "Can we take this to them, to the people who don't know?" Talk about a big lump in my throat! I could hardly speak to tell him "Yes, that's exactly what God wants us to do!" I only pray that my heart would be as tender and eager as my son's to tell a dark world about the Light born on that first Christmas night so long ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It Is Written...
Links I Like
- Abilene MOPS
- Air 1 Christian Radio
- Bible Gateway
- Big Country Homepage
- Dr. Newbury's Site
- Faithbuilders
- Howard Payne University
- Morrow Photography
- Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers
- Redeeming The Time
- South Side Baptist Church
- The Grace Museum
- The National Center For Children's Illustrated Literature
- The Paramount Theatre
- The Weather Channel
- Walgreens Photo







No comments:
Post a Comment