Monday, June 22, 2009

Much Fun At The May Farm

This past Friday we had a MOPS sponsored outing to the May Farm which is located between Hawley and Anson about twenty miles away. We had an absolutely wonderful time. The weather could not have been more perfect – overcast and much cooler than the rest of last week had been. The boys got to feed a pin full of sheep, goats, donkeys, a llama and a horse. There was an area set up for them to hold rabbits, guinea pigs, and little chickens on a towel in their lap. Later we went for a ride around the farm in a flat bed trailer. And last but not least their favorite part – they each went for a short horse back ride.

I took many pics of all these fun activities and was very anxious to show them to all my blog fans so I came home and loaded them off my card from my camera and put them on my computer. At that time it was still my practice to delete the pics off my card before putting it back in my camera. After all they’ve been saved to my hard drive so we’re good right? Well, not this day. As I went to open the pics and look at them on the computer it froze up as computers will sometimes do. I shut it down and waited a minute then hit the power button to turn the computer back on only it didn’t come back on. It didn’t do anything. It just sat there like a big dumb empty box – a big dumb empty box with my pics in it! At that point I thought ‘Oh well, David will make it all better when he gets home.’ (He’s good at that.) Only on this day the hard drive had completely died and not even David could resurrect it. Gratefully we (actually David) had our computer set to back up to an external hard drive automatically every once in a while and it had backed up earlier that day so the only data we lost was my May Farm pics. I’m still brokenhearted about losing them but glad that it wasn’t worse. David looked online to see what it would cost to send our hard drive off and have the data recovered for us. It cost around $1000 to $1500 so I don’t think we’ll be doing that for one batch of pics.

It is now my practice to not delete my pics off the card in my camera until Jesus comes back, okay actually just not until I have them double backed up.

Other MOPS moms I am friends with, Sarah and Brenda Ann, and also my MOPS group’s blog has pics of all the fun so you can look at their pics and kind of imagine what it would look like if I could share my pics with you of my boys doing the same things - so sorry that I can’t. They were great pics– honest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to need a whole bunch of memory cards!! It could be a while before Jesus comes back....or not. Maybe the Weems boys could teach Ella how to be happy about having her picture taken. She always wants to take the picture now not have it taken. I'm sorry you lost your pictures. I'm sure they were super cute...but that's just another reason to take them to the farm again. I bet the Coffeys would let you take the boys out to play with some goats!

It Is Written...

Site Meter