Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

I got this blogging idea from my friend Sue Ellen. (You can see her fam at What's He Up To in my Blogs I Like list.) The idea is that you take the time each Tuesday to write down (i.e. blog) some of the cute things your kids have said in the past week. I really like the idea so here's my first installment of Tiny Talk Tuesday.

The other day I was eating a bowl of cereal and Nathan was sitting across from me. He said "Hey Mom, there's a reflection on the bottom of your spoon." How many three-year-olds can come up with this stuff? I know I'm biased but it seems to me that he's pretty advanced in his language skills. It is such a blessing to have him communicate so well with me all the time and now he's trying to help Benjamin with his words too. Very sweet.

A few weeks back when Benjamin was first starting to use his words to communicate what he wanted, we were at Luby's with my parents and grandmother and Benjamin spotted the pie I had gotten (he loves sweets!). He pointed to the pie and then to his mouth saying "Pie! Mouth! Pie! Mouth!" It was really cute. Yes, I shared my pie - and it was even chocolate.

We were at Sam's Club a couple of days ago and Nathan saw a boy walk by with a blue paw print painted on his face. He excitedly said "A clue! A clue!" All you Blue's Clues fans out there can relate I'm sure.

I'll share one quick flashback before closing out this post. Back when Benjamin was a little baby he would sometimes cry, as babies often do, even when nothing was wrong just to use up his extra energy. Still, it wasn't just a whole lot of fun to listen too. (I tried to remind myself how grateful I was for his strong healthy lungs.) Anyway, we were all in the van and Benjamin was crying and when he finally wore himself out and stopped I said to David "I sure am glad when the crying stops." From the back seat Nathan said "Me too!" He wasn't even using pronouns at that point and it was probably just a fluke but it made David and I laugh nonetheless.

2 comments:

onemotherslove said...

Wow, I feel special! : ) I love the clue! Hey, are you going to Elizabeth's shower this weekend?

Amanda said...

Definitely! Are you?

It Is Written...

Site Meter