Monday, April 21, 2008

The Great Moms Walk

This past Saturday our local MOPS chapter (which I've been a part of for three years now) sponsored our annual Great Moms Walk at Nelson Park. It's much like any other fund raising type walk where you ask people to sponsor you as a way to raise money for your cause/organization. Since this is an event for the whole family to attend, the actual 'walking' part of the walk is a relative short distance (just from Fort Imagination down to the Nelson Park playground) then we have a plethora of family friendly activities set up by the playground area. Individuals and businesses in the community donate air castles, a golf cart train, etc. The weather was okay but a little on the cool side and pretty windy. I put the boys in their matching blue striped t-shirts as we left the house and then they had to keep their jackets on the whole time so no one got to see how cute they were. It's okay they were still cute.

The boys favorite part this year was the train. Last year I road in the little train car and held them which was a tight and slightly uncomfortable fit for us all. This year however the boys rode all by themselves and had a blast. Here they are ready to go and waiting for everyone else to load up.

And here they are in motion. They were concentrating too hard on the ride to wave at me but that's alright. I would hate for them to have waved at me and fallen out!


The boys also enjoyed sliding. Here's Nathan coming down the slide first...then running around the side to watch Benjamin slide down. I love the expression on his face as he watches for his little bro.


Then here comes Benjamin.

I got the whole sequence on video too. Note that I have not edited/spliced this video. Benjamin is sitting up sliding down the slide and as he comes around the bend somehow ends up laying on his belly. Leave it to Benjamin to be creative.


Nathan always enjoys playing through and around this big red circle.


I'm very proud on Nathan as he figures out how to pick up his feet and swing on this little bar.


A roly-poly pill bug is one of the boys newest fascinations. They like to make the bug roll up and then watch as he unrolls himself again. In this particular instance however Nathan got tired of waiting for the bug to unroll and stepped on the little guy smooshing him dead. Benjamin didn't quite grasp the gravity of what had happened and kept waiting for it to unroll. I had to break the news to him that that particular bug wasn't going to be unrolling anymore.
This is a pretty uneventful video of the boys swinging. They're not saying or singing anything particularly cute or anything like that but I like it anyway because I know that our days of putting the boys in the toddler swings are growing to a close. They'll be jumping off the big swings before I know what's hit me. So for now I'll just enjoy watching my two rapidly growing sons swing next to each other...that's all.


Nathan decided to sit for a moment on this bench and I bet you can guess who is soon by his side...


if you guessed Benjamin you were right!

There's a funny story behind this picture. (It's funny to me anyway and this is my blog so I'm sharing it.) I was talking on the phone with Brian Holoman who owns/operates the God's Care Lawnscaping service and in the course of our conversation I told him that I see their truck everywhere. He laughed. It really is true though, they do the yard work for several businesses and residences close to our house. After I got off the phone with him I was looking through my pictures and came across this one - with the God's Care Lawnscpaing truck in the background! They really are everywhere!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter