Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

This past Sunday night our church had a fellowship after our evening worship service celebrating the church's 100th birthday. Our pastor spoke for a few moments about what life was like in 1908. He mentioned the Model T rolling off the assembly line and then asked "Does anyone know what the 'T' stands for?" I didn't even think Nathan was paying attention (he was fidgety and ready to eat) until he spoke up and said "Turtle." Everyone within ear shot laughed and our pastor asked what had happened. Then he announced to everyone what Nathan had said. Nathan thought that was pretty cool but couldn't understand why everyone thought it was so funny. I mean after all "T" is for turtle isn't it? Actually if you're a Dr. Suess fan (as we are -big time) "T" (in Dr. Suess's ABC's) is for "Ten tired turtles on a tuttle tuttle tree." Don't you just love alliteration. I know I do. After all this is a "Tiny Talk Tuesday" post.

1 comment:

It Is Written...

Site Meter