Friday, May 23, 2008

Arts and Crafts

For eight weeks this spring the boys and I were involved in a small (four families) informal homeschool co-op of sorts. Each week two moms would teach and two moms would have the week off. We met for two hours once a week and the boys really enjoyed it. Here are the Arts and Crafts projects the boys enjoyed creating. Above each set of crafts I've stated what subject they were talking about.

Week 1 - Seeds/Dirt
The kids actually made mud and then painted with it.
Benjamin absolutely loved that project - two of his favorite things together - art and mud!
Week 2 - Clouds/Weather
Week 3 - Caterpillars/Butterflies
Week 4 - Bugs
I used my old scrapbooking supplies to make the big red circles and the black dots for the ladybugs. I handed each kid a circle with the face drawn on it and asked them what was missing - the spots of course. They then got to add spots to complete the ladybug
Week 5 - Flowers
I loved getting these coffee filter flowers from the boys when I picked them up.
Week 6 - Bubbles
Painting with bubbles was so much fun! I have my friend Sue Ellen to thank for that little project idea.
The kids enjoyed this even more than I expected. Once again I used some of my old scrapbooking paper to make all different circles then they got to glue to bubbles on their paper.
Week 7 - Birds
Week 8 - Water
These were some coloring pages that already have the paint on them and all you have to do is paint them with water. I remember loving these when I was a kid.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter