Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth Of July!

We had a fabulous fourth! We started our day by having some friends over for a patriotic playgroup. The kids ended up just playing the whole time but once our friends left my boys and I did the craft project I had planned for the whole group - red and blue finger paints. Nathan was not about to put his hands in the paint but Benjamin obliged and made a great craft. After Benjamin got washed off Nathan asked for a paint brush to paint with and then Benjamin wanted one too of course. Anyway, they had fun painting and that was the point after all.
Here's a shot of our finished work. Aren't these just the cutest little hand prints?! (Okay so I'm biased.) I didn't get any pics of Benjamin with paint on his hands because I was too busy helping him make his hand prints. Oh well.
After lunch we woke up Dad, who had somehow managed to sleep through all the commotion of playgroup (he came to bed really late after working on some stuff for ebay so he was really tired). We hit the July 4th sale at LifeWay Christian Bookstore and then went to Grammy and Grandpop's house to continue our celebrating.

This is the box that Grammy and Grandpop's new car seat came in (they wanted to make it easier when they keep the boys - this way we won't have to move over our car seat anymore). The boys have had so much fun with this box. They actually got it when Kathryn and Daniel were here last week and so all the kids got to play with it together for a little bit. Benjamin thought he was so big carrying it around.This box was not quite as sturdy as our club house box and was demolished after being played with for a while.
Nathan had fun with the box as well. This pic is just priceless!
What a cutie!
Here are the boys wishing you a Happy Fourth from the sandbox in the back yard.
Here are a few sandbox pics. I know there are actually quite a few - I just couldn't weed any of them out. I like them all. I had a big sand box when I was a kid and always loved playing in it. It was actually a sand tire - a big tractor tire laid on its side and filled with sand. I know, I know...You might be a redneck if your sand box was a tractor tire. I'm not denying it.
The boys are learning a valuable life lesson: don't throw sand because it might get in your eye and that hurts.
Nathan got tired of the sand in his shoes so he took them off for a while.
Daisy came over to check things out for a minute.
Benjamin is concentrating so hard on swinging on his belly.
Once again, what a cutie!
Grandpop was trying to help the boys learn how to play the great American pastime on this fourth - baseball.
The boys were more interested in doing their own favorite pastime - dancing around all silly. That's just the way thing are right now. They've got plenty more years to work on their baseball bat grip and stance.
Grammy and I enjoyed talking on the back porch (I know you're all shocked that I was talking - ha!) while the boys played with Grandpop and Dad.

I realized as I was working on this entry that I didn't get and pics of David. He does such a good job behind the camera that I forgot to make sure he was in a pic as well. He had a great day hanging out with his fam and even grabbed a couple of new CD's at the LifeWay sale.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter