Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Week Of A Different Color

This past week was a bit different in the fact that for three days of it Benjamin and I were home alone without our Nathan. Grandma and Poppo's church offers Vacation Bible School for ages three and up so they asked if Nathan would like to come stay at their house and go to VBS. He was very excited about being big enough to got to VBS and really enjoyed his time there (for the most part). He did not like the loud music in the opening time but did enjoy the crafts, games, story time, etc. The VBS was held in the evening and so he got in bed a little late each night and though he napped during the day was a bit behind on his rest. By the fourth night he was plum tuckered out and he got hot and then sick at his stomach (gratefully before they got in the church) and thus ended his VBS adventure this year. Anyway, he came home Friday afternoon which really worked out well for me because I got a little bit of alone time with him before I went to an event Friday night while he and Dad went to pick up Benjamin at Grammy and Grandpop's (Benjamin spent just Thursday night away.)

The theme for the VBS was Outrigger Island. Here is Nathan showing off his home made pretend life-vest which he decorated and wrote his name on all by himself. He was so proud of it.
The back view is not too terribly interesting.
Nathan showed me how you have to wear goggles to see under the water.
It was very interesting to have just Benjamin with me for the first part of the week. I enjoyed our time very much. It's not often that Benjamin and I get to hang out just the two of us and I treasured just being able to focus my attention on him alone. It made me want to set aside some alone with Nathan too. Hopefully we'll get to do that before too long. It's really nice to have my family all back together again now. I truly am bountifully blessed.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter