Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Jump Around - Toddler Area

"The Jump Around" is a new business here in Abilene that offers a great way for families to beat the heat and let the kids run off some of that abundant energy they have. It used to be a Sav-a-lot Food Store years ago but had sat vacant for quite some time. The "Jump Around" people went in and put down the soft foamy floor everywhere, divided off a toddler play area and then in the big area put up four huge air castles and slides and a maze thing. It's really a cool place.

I took the boys to The Jump Around for the first time this past Monday morning and we had a blast! We did jump in the castles and go down the slide a couple of times but I couldn't take pictures of that because I was afraid I would break my camera (or my neck - I'm not very coordinated). Nathan and Benjamin liked the bouncing and all okay but they absolutely loved the toddler play area. It was really nothing all that fancy but they were very excited about the little house, the playground, and the lawn chairs. Go figure.

Here you can see Nathan dwarfed by the big castles.

The boys ran to the little house first thing.


Nathan would get inside and pretend it was his house and then Benjamin would come and ring the working doorbell and Nathan would let him in. I bet they did that bit a dozen times.
Benjamin's checking to see if the doorbell works from the inside.

They're definitely two peas in a pod. I love seeing them hang out together as friends.

The next thing they enjoyed was the little pint size playground.Looks like Nathan stuck the landing - it's a 10! Benjamin loved the slide too.

Nathan is steering as Benjamin climbs aboard.Nathan also liked arranging the lawn furniture. They have four Adirondack style chairs and two little tables.

Next thing I knew a pretend tornado had hit and Nathan was covered in debris. (What is it with boys and crash scenes - remember the trike wrecks a few posts back?)Soon Benjamin was in the rubble too.What a mess!
After they tired of the wreckage, I told them we needed to set the tables and chairs back up nice and neat which made for a pretty cute photo opp. First we have two tables for one...followed by one table for two.

This is one of my new favorite pics of the boys.Before we left for the day the boys got in a quick game of tag. Benjamin would catch Nathan and tag him and then Nathan would do that quick little turn around and tag back thing (which used to really annoy me when I was a kid) and they'd be of again.
The boys also enjoyed playing with the bean bag chairs in the front area so that will be my next post.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter