When my in-laws bought their house this past summer, the family that was moving out had this fabulous swing set/fort/playground area already set up. That family's kids had outgrown the play area and so the family sold it all to my in-laws with the house. I know our boys (and their cousins) are going to love playing on it for years and years to come.
Under the piece of plywood that Benjamin was sitting on is a sand box, but we didn't uncover it on this particular evening.
Benjamin usually has his hands full of sticks/mulch when he's outside here. He'll carry them around and give them to the dog. At home he usually has his hands full too. He's always carrying as many Little People or cars or trains etc. as he possibly can. It's kind of funny to see him carrying around way more than would be considered a manageable amount for him, but somehow he always manages.
Grammy gives Nathan a push in this cute little airplane swing that she's had since Kathryn and Daniel were little. I was with her when she bought it at a garage sale. That seems like ages ago.
Nathan's still a little small to maneuver on and actually swing big on this neat tandem swing but he and Kathryn had fun playing on it anyway. She was very good to just swing real gentle with him.
This is a really pretty picture of the world's greatest niece (in my book anyway) if only there weren't such a dark shadow across her face. Oh well, you can still see what a pretty smile she has.
David also snapped a great picture of the world's greatest nephew (once again, in our book). He just looks so grown up. I can't believe he's six and taller than his eight year old sister.
Looks like Nathan is just trying to decide what mischief he wants to get into next.
Nathan's feet can finally reach the pedals on this trike but he hasn't quite mastered the whole self-propelling thing yet, especially not on an uneven grassy area, so Kathryn was nice and pushed him all over the yard.
Nathan and Kathryn checked out the back fence line. Grandpop told Nathan one day after he threw something over the back fence that it was gone forever. So now Nathan likes to find random twigs, rocks, leaves, etc. and throw them over the back fence then proclaim them 'gone forever.'
This is a fun shot of Benjamin and Kathryn running across the side yard together.
These next few pics fall under the heading of "Things We Probably Wouldn't Have Gotten To Do If Mom Had Been Here." I left and ran home for a minute to grab the boy's allergy medicines and pajamas while they were still playing outside before dinner. When I got back I was informed that Benjamin really liked being in the dog house. I'm a bit of a germaphobe at times and this grosses me out just a little but I know there will be much worse grossness to get over in the course of raising two grimy little boys. C'est La Vie.

I could comfort myself with the thought that he won't always be able to fit in the nasty doghouse but then I get concerned about what other messes he'll be able to get into when he's that big. Raising the boys is definitely good for my prayer life!
Here's Benjamin giving the dog one of his sticks. He loves for her to come and take it from him.
Out of the dog pen and into no telling what else. As they say, boys will be boys.







No comments:
Post a Comment