Monday, October 1, 2007

Fun at Balloon Fest - Saturday Morning

Saturday morning the boys and I were actually up and dressed and at Redbud Park by a little after 7:30 a.m. to watch the balloons take off. (We hadn't eaten breakfast yet and the boys didn't have any shoes on but don't bother me with details.)

As I was driving over I saw some of the balloons floating off over head and when we got to the park there were quite a few set up.
They really liked this big dragon one named Blue Azul. They thought his teeth were awesome.
The colorful spiral pattern on this balloon made it really striking from underneath.
This year they also had an acrobatic kite show. They did maneuvers with the kites that looked alot like what the thunder birds do. It was very impressive.
Our last spectacle for this year's balloon fest was the Energizer bunny balloon. Here is a shot of the tail just starting to pop out. It looked really funny in person.
I saw a lady trying to take a picture of herself with the bunny balloon behind her with her phone and offered to take the pic for her. She then returned the favor.

Here's one final shot of the boys with a giant bunny playing a base drum in the background.
I think the bunny must be some sort of role model for them since they certainly 'keep going'! I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter