Tuesday, October 30, 2007

One Fun Sunday

After the homecoming musical Saturday night we drove back to Abilene. I was driving and it was a little scary because there were deer everywhere. We saw several of them pretty close to the road - that doesn't bother me as long as they don't decide to jump into my lane! I was praying for traveling mercies for David and I and for my sweet Nathan at my parents house trying to sleep but not doing very well because of his fever and his cough. We got home about midnight Sunday morning.

Next we did something quite out of the ordinary for us - we slept in on a Sunday morning. We knew we'd be getting in late Saturday night so we made sure we didn't have any commitments at church (David runs sound a lot and I work in the nursery during Sunday School once a month) and we slept in. It was a very nice relaxing morning.

At noon we went to a new family entertainment complex here in Abilene called Primetime. David needed to help get things ready for the First Financial Bank company "picnic" being held there from 1 to 5 p.m. In past years they've had an actual picnic but decided to do something a little different this year. It is a very very fun place to hang out for an afternoon. A guy from our church is in charge of the food for them (they have a restaurant and a snack bar). We had fabulous burgers, seasoned crinkly fries, and brownies. One of the other employee's wives and I played a few games of pool (not well mind you). I also got to enjoy the arcade for a while by myself when David was busy helping get people checked in. They set up all the games so that you could play for free (I could get addicted to the "Deal Or No Deal" game very quickly.)

Later when David joined me, we bowled a couple of games with two other couples. The bowling lanes are very top-of-the-line.
We also played six holes of miniature golf (it was very crowded) and then David drove and I rode as his passenger in a Nascar simulation game. After the picnic David had some other stuff to take care of so went by myself and picked up Benjamin at David's parent's house. I then drove to Anson where I was grateful to find Nathan feeling much better (no more fever, yeah, and just a little cough left - the asthma meds have since quieted that down, yeah). Since Nathan was feeling better we went ahead and attended the Fall Festival at my parents church. My favorite veggies had fun but were soon ready to go the Grandma and Poppo's house for some dinner.
After dinner I got them bathed, pajamaed, medicated, teeth brushed, and ready for bed then drove home. Whew, what a weekend!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter