Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day - Part 1

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas day. We certainly did. Once the boys got up and dressed and had breakfast and Nathan had a breathing treatment we got to open up all the presents at our house. I had them pose with the tree with all the presents under it before we opened them all up.
We even caught this cute hug pic real quick before we began to open up everything.
David videoed all our unwrapping of stocking stuffers (we all four have coordinating stockings) and the boys three big gifts (our theory is that baby Jesus only got three gifts and our kids don't need anymore than that - plus we'll get lots of gifts other places too) with our real camcorder. The only problem is I don't know how to pull pics off of that video or upload that kind of video to my blog yet (all the videos I've uploaded so far have just been taken with my regular camera that I take still shots with too) so there aren't any actual pictures of the fun we had opening gifts at our house for me to upload to the blog right now. Maybe I'll figure out how to do it and add some later.

I did snap this cute pic of the boys trying on the sunglasses that were one of their stocking stuffers before we headed out to pick up my grandmother and take her to my parents house with us. Gratefully both boys got in a quick little cat nap on the way to my parents house. It always helps to have a little refresher during the middle of such a packed and exciting day (I even snuck in a nap myself in the back seat of the van).

Once we got to Grandma and Poppo's they were very excited about opening all the stocking stuffers and big presents there too.
I helped Benjamin unwrap his stuff...
and Dad helped Nathan.
Nathan didn't need help with everything. He tackled a lot of the presents on his own.
Grandma and Poppo put some fun snacks in the boys stockings. They certainly know the way to Benjamin's heart (he's holding a small container of Rainbow Goldfish).
The boys each got a Slinky - for fun it's a wonderful toy!
These next few shots are just glimpses of the unwrapping frenzy. One of Nathan's favorite gifts was a doctor's kit. He's now a self-declared Dr. Nathan.
After he and Benjamin took stock of all that was in the kit...
Nathan was soon listening to everyone's heart and
checking their throats. It was very cute.
The boys also received some new puzzles...
and books - both of which are always a big hit. The boys had to pause a little during all the unwrapping to quickly skim though the new books when they were opened.They were equal opportunity readers, allowing me,...
and Dad,..
and Grandma all to help them with their new reading material.
About mid afternoon we took my grandmother back to her house (the boys fell asleep on the way again) and then we went to David's parents house. Our time there will be the subject of my next post.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter