Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Day Trip To Visit Family

Yesterday we took a trip to see David's brother and his family about three hours away. We had a great time and all the cousins loved hanging out together.

When we got there our niece was at choir rehearsal at church so we all left - with Brad in our vehicle with David and the boys and I in my sister-in-law's car with her and my nephew (that way there would be someone in each vehicle who knew where we were going). After picking up Kathryn we went to have lunch at Texas Land and Cattle. It was really good food and kids eat free on Saturdays. After lunch Kristen, Kathryn and I went shopping while David and Brad and Daniel let our boys get their nap out (Benjamin fell sleep during lunch and Nathan wasn't too far behind him.) After nap the men folk all went to the park down the street. Once we finished up our shopping we girl folks joined them.

Here's a great shot of David and sons.
Right now Nathan and Benjamin do a lot of exploring when we go to these sorts of playgrounds. They do some climbing but nothing to dangerous. Here's Benjamin wandering around the playground,
checking out all the openings and nooks and crannies along the way,
and Nathan looking around as well.
However, I think my nephew Daniel may have given me a glimpse of what is to come as he climbed up the outside of the tallest part of the playground. I can feel my ulcer starting now.
Here's the reception Kathryn received when we arrived at the playground. She's pretty popular with my boys as you can see.
Benjamin liked this slide first time he saw it and tried it.
Nathan however, in true Nathan fashion, wasn't too sure about it at first, but as soon as Kathryn slid down with him he loved it. He then went down solo several times.
Nathan has finally reached the age where he has enough strength in his hands to grab hold of a bar and hold on. I was super impressed with how well he did this slidey bar thing. (I've been accused of having blond roots before and they certainly show with my camera work on this piece. For a moment I forgot I was taping and not just taking pics so I turn the camera to get a better angle. Tee-hee.) Anyway, enjoy the video. Sorry about the topsy turvy half way through.


Benjamin is pointing up and saying "Geese" because there are a lot of geese flying in right now.
There is a neat little duck/goose pond at the park.
Kathryn and Nathan posed nicely for me to snap this shot by the pond.
They all had fun splashing the water with long sticks. Ah, the simple pleasures of childhood.
The kids ran, chased, and tagged their way back to the vehicles to go home.
Back at the house the boys enjoyed playing with some 'big kid toys.'
Such concentration.
Kathryn and Nathan take a non-traditional approach to sharing this chair as Kathryn reads Nathan a story. Hey, whatever works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sister-in-law! This was a wonderful visit!

You did misspell my name in the post, though... I've always spelled it Kristin, never Kristen.

We'll see you soon!

Kristin

Amanda said...

Oops!

It Is Written...

Site Meter