You gotta love Texas weather. As I am posting this the wind has turned quite chilly outside but only two days ago it was perfect weather for a trip to the zoo. Crazy, huh?
On Monday morning a few of the other moms at my MOPS table and their kids (including our friends Aylin and Josh) and went to the zoo with us.
Here the boys are just getting settled into their little cart which was very limited on space for them because we carried our cooler in with us so we could have a picnic lunch later. They weren't too concerned about the space constraints (they walked most of the time anyway) - as you can see, they just wanted to see what we packed for lunch.


We stopped about half way though our zoo adventure to have a picnic lunch. I was so glad that they sell the apple juices that the boys are enjoying in a three pack so we had one for Josh. They were cute all guzzling juice from the heads of Woody, Buzz, and the alien (from Toy Story).


As we reached the flamingo pool all the flamingos had their heads tucked back under their wings for a little late-morning siesta. We made some noise (of course) and a couple of them peeked up to see us but for the most part they seemed unimpressed with the three little guys watching them sleep.
I on the other hand, think that my boys and our friend Josh are very impressive. I love the way they interact with one another. It's so neat to see my children building friendships. It's all part of the growing-up process. I'm just glad they have a friend like Josh to share it with. It's nice since Aylin and I like to hang out together too. We talk, the boys talk - there's never a dull (or quiet) moment. I wouldn't trade it for the world.







No comments:
Post a Comment