Here's a cute shot of Nathan and Josh just inside the door to the shop.
Melissa read us the Dr. Suess book "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" then the boys picked out their ornaments to paint. They both did a great job. I was very impressed with Nathan's artistic ability (spoken like a proud mom I know). As far as I know, this was his first painting experience.
He was very thorough and made sure there was no white left showing on his blue bird and green Christmas tree. We even put some red dots on the tree to look like ornaments (ideally).
"Here Mom let me paint your camera." Uh, no.
I helped Nathan hold the ornaments so that he could paint the edges.
Josh had fun painting his gingerbread man and Christmas tree.
I think the boys were equally entertained by the fact that they got to pick up some pecans for Josh to take home with him before we left.
You just never know when you're going to get a really great shot. I love this pic of Nathan with the soft shadows across his sweet little face. Our friend Steve, who is an awesome photographer, loves to work in natural light - I can understand why.
Since Nathan did so well with the painting of his own ornaments I decided that I wanted to take Benjamin and do the same thing. I was just going to pick out a good day after Thanksgiving for us to have a Mommy and Benjamin adventure but I wanted him to have his ornaments at the same time as Nathan so they could put them all on the tree together. Anyway, David and I took Nathan to Grammy and Granpop's yesterday morning and then took Benjamin to paint his own ornaments.



I asked Benjamin if he wanted some red paint and he said that he did so one side of his gingerbread man has some nice flourishes of red.

Since Dad was with us, he was able to take this video of Benjamin painting. It was so interesting to me to see the differences in my sons' painting techniques. Nathan was much more into the dabbing and dotting method but as you can see Benjamin was making some real brushstrokes here. To each his own.
You gotta love that big smile on the face of a child satisfied with a job well done. (He's actually just laughing at me - I am pretty silly you know.)

While I painted Benjamin's initials on his ornaments he and Dad looked around the shop. He did a great job 'not touching just pointing at' all the lovely ceramics in the shop.









1 comment:
What a great idea! Post the finished pictures so we can see the ornaments after they're fired!
Post a Comment