Having a Balloon Fest here in good ol' Abilene is a great thing and I'm all in favor of it - as long as the weather cooperates. (It is always so disappointing to go to Balloon Fest when they don't get to put up the balloons because it is too windy.) Gratefully this year the weather was absolutely perfect the whole weekend!
I really enjoy watching the balloons float away over the horizon, as do the boys, so when the weather looked nice outside Friday morning I took advantage of the opportunity and loaded the boys up in the van to go see the 7:30 a.m. flight. We stayed in the van and watched these three balloons and some others float gracefully away. My pic's a little dark because the sun was just barely starting to rise. What a great way to start the day!
We went back to the Balloon Fest and enjoyed the other activities they had to offer later that day after Dad got in from work. Grandma and Poppo joined us too and we all had a great evening. Nathan and Benjamin liked this little train ride again this year.
Here they are in motion.
</DIV>
p://1.bp.blogspot.com/_534ltvZ6A3E/SQomWEQwrcI/AAAAAAAAEUY/XaK3fReREDs/s320/Ballooon+Fest+029.jpg" border=0>
I'll continue our Balloon Fest adventures in my next post (okay, actually the next three, but who's counting?).
I really enjoy watching the balloons float away over the horizon, as do the boys, so when the weather looked nice outside Friday morning I took advantage of the opportunity and loaded the boys up in the van to go see the 7:30 a.m. flight. We stayed in the van and watched these three balloons and some others float gracefully away. My pic's a little dark because the sun was just barely starting to rise. What a great way to start the day!
We went back to the Balloon Fest and enjoyed the other activities they had to offer later that day after Dad got in from work. Grandma and Poppo joined us too and we all had a great evening. Nathan and Benjamin liked this little train ride again this year.
Here they are in motion.</DIV>
Just as they were fixin to get off the ride we all got to watch...
this really pretty balloon float up,...
this really pretty balloon float up,...
up, and away! (I love how the spiral pattern looks from underneath.) Great camera work by David!
Benjamin liked riding on the horse. (Nathan just wanted to pet it with his feet planted safely on the ground so we let him do that after Benjamin's ride was over.)
Benjamin liked riding on the horse. (Nathan just wanted to pet it with his feet planted safely on the ground so we let him do that after Benjamin's ride was over.)They had several bouncy castles set up for kids to jump in. Benjamin liked this one a lot and I like the way David snapped this pic in mid-bounce.
David also got some video.
David also got some video.The next bouncy thing Benjamin went into had lots of cool stuff in it. It had a slide which he could climb up and slide down all by himself.
They really were very pretty.
I like this pic of my dad with a grandboy in each hand and the rest of us casting shadows coming up from the foreground of the pic.
Benjamin liked the way it sounded when he twisted his foot in the dirt. (I have a feeling we may be seeing a lot of these dirt fields once the boys start playing baseball.)
I'll continue our Balloon Fest adventures in my next post (okay, actually the next three, but who's counting?).

















No comments:
Post a Comment