Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dad's Company Picnic - Part 2

The boys donned their VeggieTales costumes and got ready to compete in the costume contest. I like this cute pic of Nathan/Larry peeking out from behind this pole and Benjamin/Bob peeking at him.We had a few minutes to just wander around waiting for the contest to start.We chatted with Dad for a minute.
Then finally the contest was on. They had all the costumed kids line up and then the judges looked them over real good and then...
they picked someone other than us as the winner. Oh well.
Nathan really liked these Darth Vader and Batman costumes.
I really like the veggie heads!
We went back out to the van to take off the boys costumes then played in the back of Dad's truck for a few minutes. They had horrible hat hair after wearing the veggie tops (partly because it's about time for hair cuts again) and so I spritzed their hair and tried to get it to lay down and look nice.
We ate some hot dogs and hamburgers but I was so busy eating that I failed to get any pics of that. We also participated in a cake walk but I was so busy trying to get the boys to walk where they needed to that I didn't get any pics of that either. Later we did some more exploring (you wouldn't think that place would be big enough to explore for four hours but it was) and we found this cool tee pee. We sat on the ground inside it for an impromptu story time for a few minutes.
Nathan and I had plenty of stories to tell (surprising I know) but Benjamin was ready to run on so we didn't tarry long.
I like this pic of Benjamin in this window which was actually pretty high up. He wasn't really in a pic taking mood - he just wanted to get down and keep exploring.
The boys are trying in vain to pull the bars down. Silly boys.
They also liked doing this because the sky looked neat upside down.Later we explored inside Frontier Texas. We didn't go through the whole thing but just enjoyed looking around the front entry area. Oh, look more cool statues!
Yes, there is water in that one.
There were also some nice table top statues as well.
The boys left no nook or cranny of the front room unexplored.
I like them in their black shirts against this cow print bench.
We went into the room where you wait for the guided tour of the exhibit to start and looked around at the neat wall art which is made up of portraits of famous people in Texas history.
Whew what a day!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter