Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Cousins Come To Visit - Part 2

Monday we met up with the cousins and Grammy and Grandpop at The Jump Around. In this environment it is much easier to shoot a video than to try to capture what is happening in a still pic so this post is very video heavy.


We start out with some footage of Benjamin and Kathryn bouncing.

Nathan works his way through the obstacle course. The boy that's in there with him is Lane, the son of one of my friends from MOPS who we have played with before at some MOPS playdates. Though I didn't know she and her kids were going to at the Jump Around Monday it worked out great to have some extra friends around to play with.

Kathryn and Benjamin enjoyed sliding down together. It was nice for me to have someone else around who could help him get up to the top of the slides. This freed me up to be able to be out in front of the slide and finally get some footage of him sliding down.

Now they try it on their bellies. Wheee!

Daniel and Benjamin and Nathan all tried to slide down together but as you'll see Nathan didn't take off right with the others and this delay on his part resulted in a minor bonking of heads - nothing to severe though gratefully. Everyone was up and running again in no time.

I was finally able to get a good video of Nathan sliding down right before we left. I got in the castle and helped him to the top of the slide and then asked him to wait til I got out in front to video him and he obliged.

As always Nathan enjoyed the toddler area too. As I've shared before we have a video of an old man playing chess in the park. Nathan sat at the table and made his "old man face."

Grandpop came up to Nathan as he was playing in the little house and they pretended like Grandpop was ordering food from Nathan's restaurant. I'll have a bacon cheeseburger please.

After the kids bounced the morning away, we all came back to our house for some pizza from Gatti's - yum! Our kitchen table only seats six so I was going to have my boys sit at their little table and eat while the rest of us ate at the big table. The only glitch in my plan was that the cousins all wanted to sit together so they all crowded in at the little table. Oh well, I guess that works.

It's hard to believe that summer is over and school starts for the big kids next week! Where has 2008 gone?!

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter