At 6 we met my parents at Double Dave's Pizza (my choice of course) for dinner. I really like their pep'roni rolls with ranch dipping sauce. Soooooo yummy! Nathan was tired (note the grumpy face) and didn't eat very well and Benjamin finally ate about half a pep'roni roll. I won't say how many I ate!
The boys did like their cool kids cups really well though.
After dinner we all went back to our house where the boys helped me open my present
and read my card.
We also ate some of my birthday cupcakes. I was trying out a new recipe (I've always wanted to blog that line but for me "trying out a new recipe" is quite rare) that I saw a while back on my MOPS group's blog. They're called Super Easy Chocolate Cupcakes and here's the recipe:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin
Directions:- Mix the cake mix with the can of pumpkin until well blended; divide batter into 24 cupcake shells and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
That's it.
I made mine into mini cupcakes because I like using my Pampered Chef Mini Muffin Tin and then topped them with cream cheese icing. They were really good. You can't tell there's pumpkin in them I don't think and it was super easy to do. I used my Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator to fill the cups so that was really easy too.
Nathan doesn't eat cake but the rest of us enjoyed them. Benjamin is a big fan of chocolate cake - see!
Yep, they were finger lickin' good!
While the rest of us enjoyed our cupcakes Nathan amused himself with the tissue paper from my gift. He got his second wind for the evening and I have never seen anyone have so much fun covering and uncovering themselves with tissue paper. I know what he's getting for his birthday!














No comments:
Post a Comment