Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy 12th Anniversary To Us!

Twelve years ago this past Sunday I married my best friend and I continue to love him more everyday. I praise the Lord that he is still willing to put up with me after all these years!

We let the grandparents have the kids for weekend so we could have some alone time to celebrate this momentous occasion. Sunday morning we went to church (we LOVE our church and it's really nice to be there sans kids so we can visit with friends as long as we want afterwards without having to rush home to feed the little guys before they crash for nap time). Here we are in our church attire. (I like to get lots of pics of us on our anniversaries so that I will have a lot to choose from when I do the page in my anniversaries scrapbook. Maybe I'll share more of that later.)
After lunch we made a trip to Ft. Worth to shop and eat and get out of Abilene for a while (not that we don't love Abilene, but you understand). We shopped at Hulen Mall and then at Super Target - we're very adventurous, not. For dinner we went to the Salt Grass Steakhouse at the corner of I-20 and Bryant Irving. It's one of my very most favorite places to eat ever. Twice this year we've driven by it while making trips to the metroplex for medical reasons and I told David that for our anniversary I wanted to come back and eat there. When we first arrived we took some snapshots next to the restaurant with the Trinity River in the background.
They had a dinner special which included a 10 oz steak and five jumbo shrimp so David and I split that and then had a little room left for a fabulous desert (chocolate of course). We got our waitress to snap this pic for us. After dinner David asked if I would mind driving home and I told him I didn't mind as long I could have a book on CD to listen to so we stopped at a Cracker Barrel on the way out of town and I picked up a book. It was titled "It Happens Every Spring" and it was written by Gary Chapman and Katherine Palmer. I knew I liked Dr. Chapman from his book " The Five Love Languages" so it looked like a good pick to me. I was right. It was the best book I've ever heard. I'm not much of a reader so that's as close as I come to reading a good book and this one was great - I highly recommend it. I'm sure the printed version is great too but the narrator of the story of the CD set was fabulous. Once I finished listening to the book a couple of days later I went to our local Cracker Barrel and turned it back in. It cost less than four dollars - what a deal!
On Monday we went to Frontier Texas. David had been before but I never had. I really liked it and look forward to the the day the boys are old enough to enjoy it with us.
There weren't any other visitors at FT when we got there so we had all the shows/videos all to ourselves. It was really nice.
David set the camera up and took this pic with our timer. We're inside the stagecoach.
And here I am riding solo.
We set the timer again in the saloon.
It's my blog and I'll kiss my hubby if I want to so if this is TMI for you just scroll on down the page.
Here's David in the final theatre room which i thought was very cool.
We snapped one last pic outside.
I pray that God gives us many more happy anniversaries - and not just so I can fill up my scrapbook. I look forward to sharing all my days with the love of my life.

"Many waters cannot quench love, nor will rivers overflow it; If a man were to give all the riches of his house for love, it would be utterly despised." Song of Solomon 8:7

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter