Several years ago when my niece (who is 9) was about the age my boys are now, Grammy and Grandpop bought her this fun bounce horse to ride on. Well, after the niece and nephew outgrew the horse it was put storage for a few years. Last Saturday, David and his dad (a.k.a. Grandpop) went to get a day bed out of storage and take it to my in-laws house and they grabbed the horse to take with them as well.
It is a big hit with my boys. This first video is Nathan showing off his equestrian skills.
This video is David's first attempt to get footage of Benjamin riding the horse (which by the way, he actually loves to do). I'm including it because it is a perfect example of the two-year-old mind set which basically says 'I'm not going to do it (even though I enjoy it) just because I know you want me to do it.' Benjamin is very two at times and must be reminded quite often, much to his chagrin, that he is not in charge.
Benjamin did decide later that he would humor Dad and ride for a bit. You can hear the sound effects that the horse makes (neighing and trotting noises) though it doesn't make them consistently with every ride. Still it has held up pretty well through the years and it works enough to entertain the boys. Giddy up!







No comments:
Post a Comment