Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Miscommunication can be funny at times. Occasionally if Nathan hears an unfamiliar word he tries to clarify what's heard by asking if I meant to say a similar sounding word instead. The other day I said something was happening fast a furious and he's not familiar with the word furious so he asked if I meant "fast and curious." (We're very familiar with curious because of Curious George.) The terminology made me laugh. That's how I think my boys are much of the time - fast and curious.

Nathan and Benjamin were sitting in Nathan's crib looking out through the bars and I told them they looked like a couple of little jail birds. Once again we don't talk a lot about jail at our house and so he wasn't familiar with the word. He said "Yeah, we're jelly birds." Too cute.

One of our friends at David's office, Barbara, taught Nathan the song "Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen." He hadn't mentioned it in a long time and then out nowhere in Benjamin's bed the other day he started singing it. Too funny.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter