Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break - Part 3

On Saturday of Spring Break our family went to the Abilene Zoo with Grammy, Grandpop, Kathryn, and Daniel. We had tried to get the kids all wearing their St. Patrick's Day shirts together all week and we finally made it on Saturday for our zoo trip. It's easier to keep up with four kids all dressed alike so it worked out well. All us big kids wore green shirts too. Here we go.
Benjamin liked walking along the top of the short walls as I helped him along. Funny thing is I can remember my Dad and Pappaw doing the same thing with me on these same walls when I was Benjamin's age. Sweet memories!
Nathan held Kathryn's hand for the majority of our zoo adventure.
Kathryn did a great job leading him along.
I've always liked this area where you can feed the ducks and fish.
The boys just look so little standing there at the fence in this pic. I like that. So often they look way too big for their mom's liking.
Here's everyone but the Dad, the photographer.
We wanted to get a nice group shot of all the kids on this caterpillar. This pic turned out pretty cute...
but watch this video to see all the movement and excitement it entailed.

Benjamin was nice enough to go up to caterpillar and thank him for letting them all have a ride once all was said and done.
I like this pic with the curved railing and all of us lined up along it. Nice composition David.
Benjamin and I are waving at the giraffes.
Here's Grammy and all her grandkids outside the monkey cage.
Grandpop and Benjamin are strolling along.
The kids are all checking out the jaguar.
We're up on a raised platform to look at the caped monkeys and David is taking the pic from the ground.
You gotta love my nephew's silly face in this pic. He certainly makes things interesting - and fun.
Grammy carried Benjamin for a while in the snake house so he could see all the great slithery critters in their cages.
I stood back as David and the boys looked at the spiders (not my favorite exhibit).
We decided to try and get a nice group shot of the kids on these limestone rocks as we were leaving. At first Benjamin was not going to cooperate...
but he finally decided to join the others. I love Kathryn's sweet hugging of my eldest. Too sweet!
This is just a great shot. It's my favorite one of all the kids together.
I like the way the boys are huddled together behind Grandpop. I wonder what they're discussing...
maybe they were plotting their escape.
We could have skipped the zoo and just taken the boys to a field of rocks and they would have been perfectly happy. Go figure.

No comments:

It Is Written...

Site Meter